Iowa State University Vet Pulse
Most veterinarians assume we only do analyses of food animal cases because
>> Read More
>> March 26-27, 2015, American Farriers Association Certification
>> March 28-29, 1st Annual ISU Veterinarian/ Farrier Hoof Conference
Approved by the Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine for 6.5 CE credits.
Online pre-registration open until March 20!
Equine Corneal Stromal Abscesses
The Pharmacy Dose
VOL. 2 NO. 1
From the Editor
We are moving forward on a number of initiatives. This fall we met with local practitioners and representatives of the IVMA to discuss ways that we can enhance communications and services with our referring veterinarians.
>> Read More
in a Dog
A 3-year-old, male Doberman Pinscher is presented for anorexia, weakness, and coughing of 10 days duration. The dog is lethargic and tachypneic. Mucous membranes are pale pink, with slightly slow refill time. The heart rate is irregular and rapid. Pulses are weak and variable. The jugular veins are normal. There is a soft systolic murmur at the left apex. Thoracic radiographs indicate cardiomegaly with a moderate amount of pulmonary edema. An ECG is recorded (simultaneous Leads I, II, III at 25 mm/sec, 1 cm = 1 mV).
>> Review Case
- Tom Johnson, DVM,
Director of Hospital Operations, LVMC
- Rodney S. Bagley, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
- Albert Jergens DVM, MS, PhD, DACVIM (Small Animal)
- Patrick Gorden, DVM, DABVP (Dairy)
- Karl H. Kraus, DVM, MS, DACVS
- Scott McClure, DVM, PhD, DACVS (Large Animal)
- Kristina Miles, DVM, MS, DACVR
- Elizabeth Riedesel, DVM, DACVR
- Brett Sponseller, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Large Animal)
- Wendy Ware, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology)
Heather Brewer, Tracy Ann Raef, Johnna Decker
>> For article inquiries or submissions email: VetPulse@iastate.edu