Clinician - Emergency/Critical Care
Veterinary Clinical Sciences
Emergency and critical care medicine with special focus on trauma management, sepsis management, shock therapy, and long term mechanical ventilation.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2008
- Rotating small animal internship: Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2008-2009
- Emergency/Critical Care internship: Eastern Iowa Veterinary Specialty Center, 2009-2010
- Emergency/Critical Care residency: Eastern Iowa Veterinary Specialty Center, 2010-2013
- Board certification obtained September 2014
Kotas S, Gerber LE, Schermerhorn T, Moore L: Changes in serum glucose, sodium, and tonicity in cats treated for diabetic ketosis. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care 2008; 18 (5): 488-495.
Olsen L, Streeter E, DeCook R: Characteristics and Management of Gunshot Injuries in Dogs and Cats, and Utility of Animal Trauma Triage Scores in Predicting Outcome: 37 cases (2003-2008). Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2014; 245 (8): 923-929.
Slovak, Jennifer; Wang, Chong; Morrison, Jo Ann; Deitz, Krysta; LeVine, Dana; Otoni, Cris; King, Robert; Olsen, Lisa; Hanson, Kayla; Lundberg, Alycen; Jergens, Albert. Endoscopic Assessment of the Duodenum in Dogs with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2014; 28: 1442-1446.
- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- European College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Iowa Veterinary Medical Association
- Kansas Veterinary Medical Association