About the Course
Nearly 90% of consumer complaints and state board investigations of them reveal noncompliance with recordkeeping regulations. Without good records, veterinarians cannot practice great medicine or defend their actions before state boards, judges or juries.
This online course teaches state board compliant record keeping principles that enhance the value of your practice's records while reducing your medical, public relations and legal risks.
- Introduction to Medical Records
- How Board Investigations of Alleged Violations Work
- Going to Court is NOT Fun – Paw & Order: The Profession on Trial Video
- What Gets Entered & What Does Not – Case Example
- Board Regulations, Laws of Evidence and Their Effect on Admissibility
- Common Medical Record Errors
- Creativity Makes Recordkeeping Fun
- The Nature of Court Hearings and Trials
- The Epiphanies of an Expert Witness
- Electronic Medical Records, Client Consents, and Course Conclusion
- Available online to accommodate the busiest of schedules.
- RACE-approved for 6 CE credits.
- Veterinary Medical Records Course: $450/individual includes 2015 book, Legal Consents 5th Ed ($100 value)
- Contact Priority Press for reduced rates for groups that have an alliance.
To Enroll, Contact
Priority Press Business Manager
Additional Course Offerings:
- Full Online Veterinary Law & Ethics Course: $850 (group discounts available)
- Tailored Veterinary Law & Ethics Course to Fit Needs of Individuals: $450/Three-section module