Acceptance packets are no longer mailed out. You will find the information you need on this webpage. It is updated throughout the summer so continue to check this site.
- AAVMC Admissions Deadline Policy
- 2023 Position-Technical Standards Acceptance Form
- Essential Functions and Technical Standards
- Concurrent Graduate/Veterinary Program- Only for students currently pursuing an MS or PhD or who plan to pursue one while in the professional program.
- Register for your ISU Net-ID (ISU E-mail)/AccessPlus - Please note that once you have your Net-ID and want to sign up for AccessPlus, you will need to call the Solution Center 515-294-4000 for your temporary password. These are given in undergraduate acceptance letters automatically, but we do not have access to give you a temporary password. Your University ID number may be found on your Status Page.
- Getting your ISU ID Card by August 16th, 2023. If you attended ISU as an undergrad, you do not need a new ISU card. If you’ve never had an ISU Card, you need to go to the ISU card office (Room 0530 Beardshear Hall) in-person to obtain one.
- STUDENT INSURANCE
Financial Aid Information
Computer Information and Book Order Forms
- Student Tablet Computers
- Book order forms-this information is in the Canvas Course for the Class of 2027. Get your NetID so you can access this information.
Fall Orientation and Class Information
- 2023 Fall Orientation Schedule
- White Coat Ceremony
- Rabies and MMR Vaccination Info
- Family Information Session and QPR Training (August 19, 2023, 9am-10:30am)-NEW!
Vet Med Parking Permit
- Order your permit for Lot 93 starting July 15, 2023 at 9am through AccessPlus
- CVM Student Organizations
- Iowa State Student Organizations
- Housing Website
- Study Abroad Programs
- Other Campus Information
- SAVMA BOOKSTORE JOB FOR VM1S--Application will open October, 2023
- AV REP JOB FOR VM1S
- City of Ames
- Ames Visitors and Convention Bureau
Connect With Your Class on CANVAS
- Iowa State University CVM Class of 2027 Canvas Page
- IMPORTANT: You must have created your ISU email account to have access to this Canvas Page. The Canvas course has important information including book order forms, resources, required training, etc. Once you have your netID, please send it to Dr. Howard at email@example.com
|Calendar of events|
|March 1, 2023||Priority FAFSA filing|
|April 15, 2023||Deadline to accept your position and pay $750 deposit (POSTMARK DATE)|
|July 1, 2023||Spring 2023 Transcripts due (Due in ISU CVM Admissions Office)|
|July 24, 2023||White Coat Ceremony Reception RSVP due|
|August 1, 2023||Proof of Rabies Vaccination/Titer due (Send to Dr. Monica Howard-ISU CVM)
Proof of MMR Vaccinations due-(Upload to Access Plus)
|August 7, 2023||Deadline to authorize financial aid and set up direct deposit|
|August 16, 2023||Deadline for getting ISU card (N/A for UNL)|
|August 16-18, 2023||Fall Orientation and White Coat Ceremony **|
|August 18, 2023||White Coat Ceremony|
|August 21, 2023||Fall Classes Begin|
|TBD||Fall Rabies Clinic (Vaccination 1 of 2) 8:00am-10am|
|TBD||Fall Rabies Clinic (Vaccination 2 of 2) 8:00am-10am|
|November 20-24, 2023||Thanksgiving Break|
|November 27, 2023||Classes resume|
|December 4-8, 2023||Prep Week|
|December 11-14, 2023||Final Exams Week|
The College of Veterinary Medicine follows the same Academic Calendar for the year as the main university (with a few minor exceptions). Go to the University Academic Calendar.