Every Friday morning during the fall and spring semesters, fourth-year students in the College of Veterinary Medicine give short seminars and case presentations on selected subjects from their clinical rotations in the Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center’s small animal and large animal hospitals.
Now you have the opportunity to view Grand Rounds either live (Fridays at 8 am) or when you have a few spare moments.
How to view Grand Rounds:
November 17 Presentations
- "Managing Cryptorchidism in Canine and Feline Patients"
- "Down Cow Management"
- "The Death of the Gyps Vultures, A Rabies Story"
- "Management of Pyothorax in Canines"
November 3 Presentations
- "Wound Management in General Practice"
- "Lemurs: Sweeter without Sugar?"
- "Maintaining Mental Health when Dealing with Euthanasia"
October 27 Presentations
- "Talk About Anger Management Issues"
- "What You Need to Know about Rabies"
- A New Vet's Guide to CVIs"
October 20 Presentations
- "New World Screwworm in the Florida Keys"
- "Failure of Passive Transfer in an Alpaca Cria"
- "Calculating Antibiotic Metrics"
- "Liquid Gold, The Importance of Urinalysis"
October 13 Presentations
- "Something's Gone Eye-Wry" (A case of blepharitis in a young Labrador)
- "A FASTer View of the Thorax"
- "The Heart-Stopping Case of Bear the Labrador"
- "I Hope I Don't Get Sued"
October 6 Presentations
- Degenerative Myelopathy in German Shepard Dogs
- The Anemic Gelding
- The Last Nephrons
- "A Gum-my Situation" (A case of Xylitol Toxicity)
September 29 Presentations
- Ouch! Where's My Pain Meds?
- Equine Skins Grafting for General Practitioners
- Gadzooks! A Gushing Gazelle!
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis
September 15 Presentations
- Pacing in Memphis
- Jack of All Trades
- Patient Mouse: FeLV-Associated Leukemic Lymphoma
- Getting to the Root of the Problem: A Case of Acutely Elevated Mortality in Cage Free Layers
September 8 Presentations
- Total Ear Canal Ablation and Lateral Bulla Osteotomy
- Utilizing Ultrasound in the Pregnancy Diagnosis of Cattle
- The Case of the Peculiar Porcupine
- Recurrent Mandibular Fracture
September 1 Presentations
- Neonatal Calf Resuscitation after Dystocia
- Circling Disease
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: Sleep Deprivation in Hospitalized Patients
- The Down Blood Hound
August 25 Presentations
- And They Said White Cells Couldn't Jump
- The Doe Who Never Kidded
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Silent, But Deadly Disease in Cats
- A Congenital Anomaly in a Kitten
August 18 Presentations
- A Comparison of Ligations Used in Equine Castration
- Applications of CRISPR in Medicine
- Salmonella Infections in Calves
- TCI in Canines
August 11 Presentations
- Ectopic Cilia: Recognition and Treatment
- Oh Deer, A Case of Congenital Cataracts
- Diagnosing the Down Doberman
August 4 Presentations
- Sulfur Toxicity in Feedlot Cattle
- Comparison of Biometrics and Milk and Plasma Pharmacokinetics Following Meloxicam Therapy in Post-Partum vs Mid-Lactation Holstein Cows
- Ectopic Thyroid Carcinoma in a Dog
- Tick Tock
July 28 Presentations
- The Lighter Side of Lymphoma
- Gastric Impactions in Horses
- The Vet School Curse
July 21 Presentations
- Heifer Ovariectomy
- A Case of Hyperadrenocorticism
- Intestinal Intussusception
- Because Accidents Happen: A Guide to Canine Car Restraint
July 14 Presentations
- Validation of Percutaneous Testing Controls for Prick Testing in Horses and a Comparison of Applicator Devices ?
- Abortion in Small Ruminants: What are Your Top Infectious Differentials?
- A Case of Udder Intrigue
- The Impact and Benefits of Organized Medicine in the Veterinary Profession