Date, Time, and Location
Friday, May 6, 2022
Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa
Watch the ceremony live
Dr. Heather Loenser (DVM '03)
Dr. Heather Loenser grew up with a passion for animals and recognized at a tender age that she wanted to be a veterinarian. Her childhood was spent rescuing feral cats, local wildlife and riding horses. After graduating from the College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State University in 2003, she spent three years in general practice before finding her true calling–emergency veterinary medicine. Dr. Loenser has worked on the front lines of emergency medicine, diagnosing and treating pets, and comforting their owners in times of great crises. Dr. Loenser is a member of the Board of Directors for the American Animal Hospital Association and further serves her profession by facilitating veterinary communication workshops and teaching pre-veterinary technician students. She also works as a pharmaceutical consultant for various companies. Her love of teaching has led to another facet of her career as a veterinary expert and media personality. As a sought-after guest on television and radio, Dr. Loenser shares her expertise on all topics related to companion animals, from breaking news and emergency medicine, to animal behavior and lifestyle tips. She has been a frequent contributor to the TODAY Show, FOX News, The Meredith Vieira Show, Martha Stewart Radio, and local television in New Jersey, New York City and Philadelphia.
- Tickets are NOT required to attend the Veterinary Medicine Class 2022 Commencement Ceremony.
- Concessions are not available.
- Concourse vending machines will be operational.
- Bottled water and snacks may be brought into the venue.
- Seating for guests is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests in need of special accommodation seating (e.g., wheelchair seating, limited step seating, etc.) should locate an usher upon arrival in the seating area.
Parking and Drop-Off/Pick-Up:
- Handicap parking is available in the B2 parking lot.
- Guests can be dropped-off and picked-up at the west entrance and an elevator is available inside the doors.
- Special accommodation seating will be available on a first come, first served basis. Guests in need of special accommodation seating (e.g., wheelchair seating, limited step seating, etc.) should locate an usher upon arrival in the seating area.
- For convenience, an elevator is located immediately inside the doors of the lower west entrance to Hilton Coliseum.
- Graduates needing special assistance (e.g., wheelchair seating, sign language interpreter, captioning services, service animals, etc.) prior to, or during, the ceremony should contact the OASA Office at email@example.com
- A sign language interpreter will be located on a small platform in front of the stage.
- Captioning will be available on the lower portion of the jumbotron.
Arrival Time and Location
- Arrival Time: 10 a.m.
- Lineup Location: North entrance, students will park in lot C1
- DVM candidates will be led by faculty marshals voted by the class.
- DVM candidates will proceed to the stage from the south side.
- DVM candidate will be hooded by faculty voted by the class.
- DVM candidate will then proceed to Dean Dan Grooms for the diploma.
- DVM candidate will be acknowledged by President Wintersteen and proceed to the stage where the Marshal will congratulate.
- DVM candidate will then exit the stage, enter the photo tent, and return to their seat.
- Faculty will lead the students out for the recessional.
For More Information
2270A Vet Med