- PhD, Comparative & Molecular Biosciences, University of Minnesota, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2017
- DVM, Iowa State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2013
- MPH, University of Iowa, 2013
- BS, Biology, Iowa State University, 2009
Dr. Rahe is a diagnostic pathologist at the Iowa State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory.
- MVMA 2016 Power of 10 Member
- Member of the University of Minnesota Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) 2014-2017
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association of Swine Veterinarians
- American Association of Veterinary Immunologists
- American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians
Rahe MC, Dvorak CMT, Patterson A, Roof M, Murtaugh MP. 2020. The PRRSV-specific memory B cell response is long-lived in blood and is boosted during live virus re-exposure. Front Immunol. 18;11:247
Rahe MC, Dvorak CMT, Wiseman B, Martin D, Murtaugh MP. 2020 Establishment and characterization of a porcine B cell lymphoma cell line. Exp Cell Res. 15;390(2):111986
Rahe MC, Westegaard T, Yaeger M. 2020. Extraskeletal chondrosarcoma in the tongue of a dog: case report and retrospective analysis of 236 tongue masses (2011-2019). J Vet Diagn Invest. 32(3):440-443
Chepngeno J, Takanashi S, Diaz A, Michael H, Paim FC, Rahe MC, Hayes JR, Baker C, Marthaler D, Saif LJ, Vlasova AN. 2020. Comparative Sequence Analysis of Historic and Current Porcine Rotavirus C Strains and Their Pathogenesis in 3-Day-Old and 3-Week-Old Piglets. Front Microbiol. 11:780
Rahe MC and Murtaugh MP. 2017. Mechanisms of Adaptive Immunity to Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus. Viruses 13;9(6)
Robinson SR, Rahe MC, Gray DK, Martins KV and Murtaugh MP. 2018. Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus neutralizing antibodies provide in vivo cross-protection to PRRSV1 and PRRSV2 viral challenge. Virus Research 248:13-23
Rahe MC, Gustafson K, and Murtaugh MP. 2018. B Cell Tetramer Development for Veterinary Vaccinology. Viral Immunology 31(1):1-10
Rahe MC, Murtaugh, MP. 2017. Interleukin-21 drives proliferation and differentiation of porcine memory b cells into antibody secreting cells. PLoS One 12, e0171171.
Rahe MC, Murtaugh, MP. 2017. Effector mechanisms of humoral immunity to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology 186: 13-17.
Mateo R, Nagamine CM, Spagnolo J, Méndez E, Rahe M, Gale m, Yuan J, and Kirkegaard K. 2013. Inhibition of cellular autophagy deranges dengue virion maturation. Journal of Virology 87: 1312-1321.