Effective October 30, 2020
Upon arrival, please pull into either a parking bay (1-6) or wait in the car queue until a bay is available. Please proceed to the next available bay and call 515-294-4900 (press 3).
NOTE: If you have an emergency, please call immediately upon arrival even if you are not in a bay, the front desk will give you directions about what to do next.
- Front desk staff will ask you COVID screening questions – please answer truthfully, this is for everyone’s safety. If you do not have COVID signs and do not have a COVID test pending or have not recently tested positive, you will be invited to come into the lobby to hand off your pet and sign paperwork. You will NOT be able to wait in the lobby.
- You MUST wear a face mask. One will be provided if you do not have one.
- ONLY 1 person is allowed into the lobby per pet, please plan accordingly.
- Depending on the number of people checking in, you may be asked to wait for a brief period of time before we allow you in the building. This limits the number of people in the lobby to help keep everyone safe.
- Following drop off, you must leave the lobby and remove your car from the circle drive. This will help other clients drop their pets off for assessment. Please refer to our client hand-out for things to do in Ames while you wait. It is important to remember that Iowa weather is unpredictable and winter days can be cold and wet, or sunny and dry. Appropriate apparel will help make your wait more comfortable.
- If you have been exposed to COVID within the past 14 days or are experiencing clinical signs, we will have you drop your pet off at the “out” vestibule on the right-hand side of the entrance. Paperwork will be signed and all communication will be completed over the phone.
- If you need assistance getting your pet out of your car and/or into the building, experienced staff will come out to your car.
- Similarly to check-in, please pull into either a parking bay (1-6) or wait in the car queue until a bay is available. Please proceed to the next available bay and call 515-294-4900 (press 3).
- You may pay over the phone or in the lobby, as long as you are screened to enter the lobby (no COVID signs or exposure).
- Most communication will be completed over the phone. Alternatively, the clinician on your case MAY have a short discussion with you in the lobby (<10 minutes).
If you are coming to the Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center to pick up a prescription, please park in the parking lot (NOT IN THE CIRCLE DRIVE) call the pharmacy 515-294-2427. A pharmacy staff member will deliver your medications to your vehicle in the parking lot.
NOTE: Bathroom facilities are for Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center patrons ONLY. Due to freezing temperatures there will NO LONGER be a PortaJohn in the parking lot – plan accordingly.
The faculty, staff, and students of the Iowa State University Veterinary School thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and support.