NEW! Online Portal for Consultations
- The LVMC has created a unified online portal for requesting consultations from our specialty services
- The Consultation Portal allows our referral partners to submit consultation requests directly through the LVMC’s secure medical records system (CVIS)
Benefits of the Consult Portal
- Expedited initial consultation process
- Direct and secure communication with specialists
- Ability to share patient bloodwork, radiographs, and other images directly through the portal
- Improved communications – no more “phone tag”!
- Send and receive messages at your convenience
Other benefits of connecting to the LVMC through CVIS
- Timely notification of case summaries and test results from patients you referred to the LVMC
- 24-hour access to patient records and health information
- Streamlines medical records management
Getting started is easy!
- Navigate to the CVIS login page (https://clinic-db.cvm.iastate.edu/cvis/)
- Sign in using your clinic’s CVIS user credentials (OR request a new account by completing a CVIS Pre-Registration Form)
- Choose “VMC Consultations” from the main menu and follow prompts to initiate a new consultation
- A step-by-step instruction sheet is available to guide you through the Consultation Portal process!
Have questions about utilizing the Consultation Portal? Please contact: