NEW! Online Portal for Consultations
- The LVMC has created a unified online portal for requesting consultations from our specialty services
- The Consultation Portal allows our referral partners to submit consultation requests directly through the LVMC’s secure medical records system (CVIS)
- The Consultation Portal is being implemented initially in Cardiology, Equine Surgery, Equine Internal Medicine, Oncology, Ophthalmology and Small Animal Internal Medicine service units, with plans to expand to other specialty services
Benefits of the Consult Portal
- Expedited initial consultation process
- Direct and secure communication with specialists
- Ability to share patient bloodwork, radiographs, and other images directly through the portal
- Improved communications – no more “phone tag”!
- Send and receive messages at your convenience
Other benefits of connecting to the LVMC through CVIS
- Timely notification of case summaries and test results from patients you referred to the LVMC
- 24-hour access to patient records and health information
- Streamlines medical records management
Getting started is easy!
- Navigate to the CVIS login page (https://clinic-db.cvm.iastate.edu/cvis/)
- Sign in using your clinic’s CVIS user credentials (OR request a new account by completing a CVIS Pre-Registration Form)
- Choose “VMC Consultations” from the main menu and follow prompts to initiate a new consultation
- A step-by-step instruction sheet is available to guide you through the Consultation Portal process!
Have questions about utilizing the Consultation Portal? Please contact: