Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
Iowa State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
- Provide comprehensive and cutting edge diagnostic services
- Deliver accessible, timely, accurate, valid and consistent test results
- Provide educational opportunities to professional and graduate students, scientists, diagnosticians and practitioners
►Swine Coronaviruses Recently Identified in US Swine
►Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED)
- The ISU VDL will be discontinuing Johne's culture as of March 31.
►SIV H1N1 and H3N2 Elisa
- IDEXX has discontinued production of the Swine Influenza H1N1 and H3N2 ELISA kits. The VDL serology section has exhausted our supply of available kits and we will no longer be able to offer either assay. - Jan 30, 2014
►B. canis RSAT test
- Brucella canis RSAT is once again being conducted at ISU VDL - Dec 5, 2013
- Updated Fee Schedule for Bacteriology Testing as of Jan. 13, 2014
Please note that fees for some Bacteriology tests have changed. The ISU VDL has updated the fees and fee structure in efforts to simplify the pricing for routine bacterial culture and identification as well to address the increased costs of material and labor in this area of the work. The fees for bacteriology testing were last updated in 2009. Please refer to the fee schedule for specific changes which take effect January 13, 2014 (to be posted soon). If you have any questions, please call VDL at 515-294-1950.
- Biopsy fees changed to $35 as of Oct. 14, 2013
Premises ID Barcode Label Information and Ordering
- Click here for instructions and label template
Topics of Interest
SEE MORE TOPICS OF INTEREST . . .
University Holidays - VDL will be closed on:
- May 26 (Mon) - lab closed, no mail, HATS open - afternoon run only.
After-hours emergency service is available on weeknights, weekends, and during University holidays by calling our on-call student at 515-290-1969 who can assist and also provide access to diagnostic pathologists and toxicologists.