Class Entering Fall 2024 (Class of 2028)
The VMCAS application will open January 19, 2023 to give applicants more time to complete their application. Applicants will not be able to select specific veterinary schools until May 12, 2022. Iowa State's Veterinary Medicine supplemental application will also open May 12, 2022.
May 11, 2023
- VMCAS web application - School selection is available
May 17, 2023
May 17, 2022 or ASAP
- Contact or remind recommenders. Verify they are willing to provide a letter of reference for you.
August 1, 2023 (or earlier)
- Order transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools you have attended. This is needed even if the courses show on another school's transcript, were taken in high school, or only one no-required course was taken.
August 15, 2023 (approximate)
- Check VMCAS for receipt of transcripts, recommendations. Follow up with transcript institution or recommender FIRST, then check with VMCAS if necessary. Give yourself time to correct problems BEFORE the deadline.
September 18, 2023, 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (10:59 pm CDT)
- VMCAS application submitted
- At least 3 letters of evaluation submitted (Up to 6 will be accepted)
- Send all transcripts to VMCAS no later than September 18, 2023 (September 1, 2022 recommended) - If you want your Summer 2023 grades to be considered in your initial academic evaluation, the transcript with grades must be received by VMCAS by September 18, 2023
- ISU Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application (electronically submitted)
- ISU Signature page submitted electronically and fee paid online OR signature page and fee mailed and postmarked
September 28, 2022
- Last date to take CASPer test
January 20, 2024
- Transcripts for Summer 2023 (if not sent initially) and Fall 2023 due - THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE in order to get final statuses out by February 15. Official transcripts need to be sent directly to Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine. If your school has the option of sending the transcripts electronically (preferred), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. When ordering electronic transcrips, you may need to put this email in the "third-party" option. Do not send to Iowa State University Admissions Office or they may b be misplaced. They must be sent to the CVM Admission address below. Current Iowa State degree seeking students or alumni do not need to send transcripts. Our office will pull copies.
- If sending via mail, please use the following address.
CVM Admissions2270 Veterinary Medicine1800 Christensen DriveIowa State UniversityAmes, IA 50011-1134
Notification of final application status (admit, alternate, deny) will be given no later than February 15, 2024
March 15, 2024
Deadline for submission of Remain on Alternate List Form
April 15, 2024
Postmarked date to accept offer of admissions and pay deposit
July 3, 2024
Received date for Spring 2024 transcripts