Class Entering Fall 2018
May 11, 2017
- VMCAS web application available
- ISU-CVM supplemental application available
May 11, 2017 or ASAP
- Contact recommenders. Verify they are willing to provide a letter of reference for you.
August 1 (or earlier)
- Order transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools you have attended.
August 15 (approximate)
- Check VMCAS for receipt of transcripts, recommendations. Follow up with transcript institution or recommender FIRST, then check with VMCAS if necessary. Give yourself time to correct problems BEFORE the deadline.
September 29, 2017, 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- VMCAS application submitted
- At least 3 letters of evaluation submitted (Up to 6 will be accepted)
- All transcripts postmarked by September 29, 2017 (to VMCAS)
- ISU Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application (electronically submitted, signature page and fee postmarked)
October 13, 2017
- GRE received by VMCAS or ISU-CVM (code 6315) (THIS DEADLINE DID NOT CHANGE)
February 1, 2018
Postmarked date for Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 transcripts - THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE in order to get final statuses out by February 15.
Notification of final application status – admit, alternate, deny will be given no later than February 15, 2018
March 30, 2018
Deadline for submission of Remain on Alternate List Form
April 16, 2018
Postmarked date to accept offer of admissions and pay deposit
July 2, 2018
Postmarked date for Spring 2018 transcripts
The AAVMC’s Admissions & Recruitment Committee (ARC) and the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) have made a decision to extend the VMCAS 2018 Application Deadline to Friday, September 29, 2017, @ 11:59 PM Eastern Time for all applicants, due to the impact of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Iowa State University's College of Veterinary Medicine will also extend the deadline for the VMCAS application and supplemental application to September 29, 2017, @ 11:59 PM Eastern Time.