Tuition and Fees
Please Note: 4th year students must complete the summer, fall and spring semester sessions
- Personal Financial Planning Tool
- You should estimate your student loan payments using the repayment estimator
Financial Aid Advisor
Office of Student Financial Aid
0210 Beardshear Hall
Veterinary Medicine Financial Aid
Financial Aid Website
- Financial Aid Presentation from ISU CVM 2020 Admissions Open House Program
- Create or update your FSA ID to apply for financial aid
- If you have your FSA ID and password from the Dept of Education, you can access your loans history here
- ISU Loan Education
- Moving Expenses: Homefair.com has a calculator that will estimate cost of living changes from one location to another. Use this calculator to estimate the cost of living associated with moving from Ames to the city of your choice.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics data on veterinary salaries by state
Financial planning begins the day a student matriculates. Julia Gwebu provides seminars in financial planning Topics include: Credit and Credit Scoring, Student Loan Repayment Options, Retirement, Investment and Job Benefits, etc. Ms. Gwebu also offers individual financial planning afternoon appointments in Room 2270 Vet Med. To schedule an appointment contact email@example.com.
The College of Veterinary Medicine awards over $800,000 in scholarships and awards annually to veterinary medicine students based on a variety of criteria including academic achievement, financial need, clinical proficiency, leadership, achievement in specific disciplines and memorial awards.
Current veterinary medicine students are asked to complete an online application each winter in order to be eligible for these scholarships. The Student Awards Committee of the College selects the recipients based on the criteria of each scholarship. The awards ceremony for the first- through third-year students is held during the spring semester. The scholarships awarded will be applied to the following academic year's tuition.
There are a limited number of scholarships available to entering freshman. Information in the student's application to the College of Veterinary Medicine is used in determining who will receive an entering freshman scholarship.
Senior Class Scholarships