Hungary & Italy 2012
Trip dates: July 16-29
Application Closed - Course Full
Week in Hungary:
- Tours of Szt. Istvan Egyetem (St. Stephen University) in Budapest, including small and large animal hospitals
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Budapest zoo with Dr. Sos Endre
- Evening at the Lazar Equestrian Park
Other possible activities:
- Visit animal shelters
- Tour progressive small animal hospitals
- Visit a famous Shagya Arabian horse breeding farm or Lippizaner horse breeding farm
- Visit state of the art pig and dairy facilities
One day reserved for cultural activities in Budapest
Week in Italy:
- Sightseeing one day in Venice, one day in Bologna
- Housing with Italian students to reduce expenses
- Group tour of the veterinary school and the university farm
- Visiting a 24-hour equine hospital or equine breeding establishment
- Visit 1-2 dairy farms
- Visit 2 swine intensive breeding farms and a small ruminant farm
- Visit a zoo
- Visit local dog shelter, dog breeder & cat breeder
- Visit to a slaughter house and/or food processing plant
Program costs**: $3900
Tuition + Fees: $2500***
*Please Note: All costs are estimated and could change based on airfare, currency conversion rates and increases in tuition and fees.
**Program Costs include all lodging, meals, airfare, entrance fees, and incidentals.
***Please note that upon successful completion of the course tuition-paying students will receive a $1000 scholarship from the College to be applied to their fall U-bill. Non-resident students who choose to take more than one study abroad trip in one summer will pay non-resident tuition and will only receive the $1000 scholarship once per year. The scholarship can be awarded in consecutive years but no more than once per year.
For more information on this program or any of the Group or Individual Study Abroad opportunities offered by the College of Veterinary Medicine, contact Katie Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 294-1501.