Specimen from 1 organ or lesion with a single diagnosis
Biopsy cases include all special stains and immunohistochemical stains. The pathologist will determine the need for stains, but can discuss special diagnostic tests with the referring veterinarian.
Specimens from 2-5 different organs or lesions
Specimens from 6 or more different organs or lesions
Complete Necropsy (including histopathologic exam of animal). Charges will not include microbiologic culture or toxicology testing.
Please call 515-291-5209 for ALL necropsy deliveries.
|Pathology services for additional testing or diagnosis will be charged a fee, based on services provided.|
- Fill out the Department of Veterinary Pathology Histopathology Submission form and submit it with the specimen
- Place the biopsy specimen in a sealed wide-mouthed container with 10% neutral buffered formalin at 10-20 times the bulk of the tissue (ensure adequate fixation before shipping)
- Tighten the lid on the container and secure by wrapping with parafilm (no tape)
- Attach the formalin sticker to the container and label with the clinic, owner's name, animal's name and specimen type.
- Place the container in a plastic bag with absorbent material (e.g. paper towels) and ship in a sturdy box by the carrier of your choice to:
- Click here for information regarding special winter shipping instructions.
Click on our supply request page or call 515-294-4188 to request shipping supplies (boxes, specimen jars, bags and formalin stickers)
To obtain Pathology results click on the CVIS Website
This page is under construction