ISU VDL Client Web Portal
The ISU VDL developed a user-friendly system for enhancing accuracy and consistency of farm data needed to elevate VDL client records to the electronic era; improve the state of preparedness across VDL’s client base; and capture the efficiencies and quality assurance benefits gained by adopting electronic means of information transfer. Thus, we have improved web tools that provide a mechanism for consistently incorporating the correct premises level identifiers into VDL records.
We strongly encourage an initial phone or on-site consultation with a VDL staff member to ensure personalized libraries of Owners and Sites are set up in such a way that serves your specific purposes.
Web Submission Fee Credit
The ISU VDL is implementing Web Submission Fee Discount (currently, $10/case accession) in order to encourage clients to enhance the quality and consistency of their data.
Requirements to Qualify:
1. Use of ISU VDL submission forms generated electronically from ISU VDL’s Client Web Portal
- Livestock submissions - web or paper (EID)
- Non-livestock submissions - web only
2. Inclusion of a valid premises identification number (PIN) barcode label on livestock submissions
- PIN requirement for discount applies only to livestock submissions
- PIN barcode labels are automatically printed onto ISU VDL submission forms generated electronically (web or paper-based) from ISU VDL Client Web Portal.
3. Inclusion of state of origin (ie animal location state)