The inaugural class will consist of undergraduate students completing their third semester post-high school (i.e. sophomores) to launch the program. Thereafter, undergraduate students (entering ISU directly from high school) will be identified after their second semester at ISU.
The application will open Wednesday, November 1st, 2023 at 9:00AM CST and will close on December 29th, 2023 by 11:59 PM CST.
All materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted by December 29th, 2023 by 11:59PM CST.
Applying to the PA - VEAP consists of the following steps:
- A cover letter detailing interest in production animal medicine and the PA - VEAP.
- Include experiences with production animals, industry involvement, and career goals.
- Provide at least three letters (no more than six) of reference from individuals who can attest to applicant's interests in food animal production, academic and professional potential, and likelihood to become a successful food animal veterinarian.
- At least one letter, preference of two, must be from practicing veterinarians.
- References must not be related to the applicant by blood, marriage, or partnership.
- Official transcripts
- Must include current ISU transcript and transcripts from any institution with transfer credits.
- Current resume
Acceptance will be granted to the top 10 qualified candidates.
Click HERE to apply