Information to give your client
On referral we request that you provide the following information to the client prior to their visit to the medical center:
- Pertinent radiographs, lab work, and medical history
- Any special instructions involving food, care, or medications given to you by the clinician
- Referral Information form with map/directions
- Medical Center payment options: Cash, Check, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and CareCredit. 50 percent deposit required for all hospitalized cases, balance at discharge. Payment required as services are rendered.
Making an appointment for your client
You may make the appointment for the owner by calling 515-294-4900 (small animal) or 515-294-1500 (large animal). If the animal has not been a patient at the Veterinary Medical Center before, you may need to provide the following information about the animal and it's owner at the time you make the appointment:
- Client Information
- Name, Address, City, State, and Zip Code
- Home, Work, and Cell Phone numbers where applicable
- Patient Information
How to Refer a Client
Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Additional appointment scheduling can be requested from the clinicians in the specialty area. It is preferable that you call prior to scheduling an appointment so that you may visit directly with the clinician receiving the case. If available, please send a pertinent summary of the patient history, results of recent lab work and radiographs. Lab work and radiographs may be repeated if clinician of record feels it would be best for the patient's diagnostic and treatment plan.
Would you like to view the medical records for patients you and your clinic have referred to ISU?
To request a referring veterinarian account for the Cyclone Veterinary Information System (CVIS) for the ISU Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center, please visit this website. This system does our medical record keeping, communications and various accounting tasks for the Medical Center.
Once you have your login and password and are logged into your patient, you will have access to the finalized medical records of patients which you have referred to the Medical Center. You will have access to finalized case summaries, discharges instructions, lab work and various reports.