The staff of the clinical pathology laboratory is anxious to assist you in your research efforts. Listed below is information you will find helpful in coordinating your research project with our laboratory operations.
- Please schedule all research projects with the clinical pathology supervisor as soon as possible. Generally, at least 2 week's notice is required, however, longer is appreciated. We may need to order extra reagents and we must schedule your project so it does not conflict with other, ongoing research activities.
- A completed copy of the Research Agreement form must be submitted at the time you are scheduling your project (Research Submission Form). We will also need to know the frequency of sampling and a list of your test requests.
- Normal values will be established by the researchers using the results from their control animals.
- Current lists of available tests and their charges can be obtained by calling the Clinical Pathology Lab at 294-0957.
- Charges for tests do not include EDTA or serum vacutainers or needles. These may be purchased from the Veterinary Medicine storeroom.
- Each sample submission must be accompanied by a specific test request form identified by your project title and tests requested. The form must be clocked-in and left with the samples on the desk in the receiving area of our laboratory.
- Completed results may be picked up in the receiving area of our laboratory, or sent to you via campus mail. We are usually able to complete your test requests by the end of the day they are submitted.
- Please contact us regarding policies for submission. This link is to our policy on Transfer and Disposition of Materials.
If any of the data derived from testing will be submitted for safety or efficacy to FDA, CVB, EPA, NCI or another federal agency, you are required to notify us of the agency and present the applicable regulations to our laboratory.
The Clinical Pathology Laboratory is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, and from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturdays.
For Results and General Inquiries
Postal address: 1798 Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center, 1809 S. Riverside Drive, Ames, IA 50011-3619
Access to Clinical Pathology Reports