The staff of the clinical pathology laboratory looks forward to assisting you. Listed below is information to coordinate your research project with our laboratory operations.
- Please schedule all research projects with the clinical pathology laboratory manager as soon as possible. Generally, at least 2 week's notice is required; however, longer notice is appreciated. We need to schedule your project so it does not conflict with other ongoing research activities and to assure we have the needed additional supplies.
Investigators with a research project involving non-routine testing (Routine testing) will need to contact both the laboratory manager and laboratory director to discuss the research protocols and expected outcomes to verify that the laboratory can meet the requirements.
- A completed copy of the Research Agreement form (Research Submission Form) must be submitted to schedule your project. We will need to know the dates of sampling and a list of your test requests.
- Reference intervals are best established by the researchers using the results from control animals.
- Current lists of available tests and their charges can be obtained by calling the Clinical Pathology Lab at 294-0957.
- Charges for tests do not include EDTA or serum vacutainers or needles.
- Each sample submission must be accompanied by a specific test request form identified by your project title and tests requested. The form must be clocked-in and left with the samples on the desk in the receiving area of our laboratory.
- Completed results may be picked up in the receiving area of our laboratory or sent to you by mail or obtained by the web portal. For scheduled projects, we usually can complete your test requests by the end of the day they are submitted.
- Please contact us regarding policies for submission. Samples containing or exposed to infectious agents or toxins must be disclosed prior to sample submission for review if the sample(s) will be accepted. Link is to the policy for Transfer and Disposition of Materials.
- Important Note- We are not a GLP laboratory. If any of the data derived from testing will be submitted for safety or efficacy to FDA, CVB, EPA, NCI, another federal agency or corporate organization, you are required to notify us of the agency and present the applicable regulations to our laboratory.
The Clinical Pathology Laboratory is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, and from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturdays.
Clinical Pathology Laboratory Manager
(515) 294-0956 or email@example.com
Claire B. Andreasen, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP
(515) 294-0869 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 1798 Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center, 1809 S. Riverside Drive, Ames, IA 50011-3619
Access to Clinical Pathology Reports