The Veterinary Medical Alumni Association (VMAA) at Iowa State University is a long-established membership association that operates independently to enhance alumni, student and college interests.
Graduates of the College of Veterinary Medicine are asked to support the VMAA with annual dues of $50. Members elect a board of directors to plan and oversee the policies, activities and fiduciary responsibilities of the association. It is managed by volunteers with the intermittent use of clerical and student help.
A variety of initiatives are underwritten entirely or with major support from the VMAA. Its budget allocations include:
- support and organization of alumni activities during ISU's Homecoming (members can purchase discounted football tickets)
- funding for ISU Alumni Receptions held annually at three major professional meetings
- scholarship support for students
- support for special projects such as the Gentle Doctor magazine, the White Coat Ceremony, and the Ramsey Alumni Room
- Promote fellowship among alumni of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Further the interests of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Advance and strengthen interaction between alumni and veterinary students
- February 2022
- December 2021
- August 2021
- February 2021
- December 2020
- September 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- August 2019
- April 2019
- January 2019
- September 2018
Outstanding Mentor Award
Established in 2020, the Outstanding Mentor Award is presented each year to an Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine graduate who encouraged and supported one or more students of veterinary medicine in their personal and professional development.
Outstanding Service Award
The Outstanding Service Award is given to an individual or individuals who have provided exceptional service to the Veterinary Medical Alumni Association and/or the alumni of the College of Veterinary Medicine.