Deb Hoyt’s career transitioned from laboratory medicine and quality control in medical technology (BS) with an emphasis in veterinary clinical chemistry to computer systems and learning technology in veterinary medicine. She bridges language/terminology to integrate IT into veterinary medical education with computer and audio-video assisted teaching. Areas of expertise and responsibilities include:
- Support and administration of instructional technology software and hardware: Echo360 classroom capture; Canto (digital asset management); Virtual Microscopy systems; Zoom conferencing; Canvas & TopHat (backup for Lisa and Vy)
- Classroom technology; works with users' needs to help design or implement solutions
- Identify and advocate for technology design refreshes for spaces
- Support technology related to faculty distance delivery options
- Proposals to fund classroom IT
- Oversee, train, and support the 3 AV student representatives
Lisa Lund received her Master of Education degree in Curriculum and Instructional Technology from Iowa State University. Areas of expertise and responsibilities include:
- Canvas assistance for faculty, staff and students
- TopHat assistance for faculty, staff, and students
- Echo360 assistance for faculty, staff, and students
- Course design consultation for faculty and staff
- Training sessions to support faculty in the use of technology in teaching
- General instructional technology support at the College
Jeremy's career has taken him through many aspects of IT and technology in meeting and classroom spaces and came to Vet Med with a wealth of experience working on main campus at ISU for many years. Jeremy loves learning new things, but is really good at settling into practical solutions that meet the users' needs.
- Design, costing, maintenance and installation of AV equipment in spaces around College of Vet Med
- Zoom integratioin with classrrom technology
- Echo360 appliance integration with classroom technology
Vy received her Masters of Education degree in Curriculum and Instructional Technology from Iowa State University. Vy is passionate about learning new technologies and innovative ways to teach students. She hopes to create an excellent learning experience for students at the College of Vet Med through her areas of expertise. Her responsibilities include:
- Course Design consultant
Either contact us directly via email to explain your needs or make an appointment to come by for a consultation. For issues and problems, please email email@example.com or, for immediate assistance call 515-294-8664.
Where are we located?
The Instructional Support office is down the hall from the IT help desk in rooms 2261, 2265 and 2276 VetMed.
What services do we provide?
- Classroom technology support
- Lecture capture administration and support
- Basic course-related video recording support for student instruction
- Faculty training materials related to instruction
- Canvas course design, consultation and support
- Video conferencing support
- Polling and engagement software for use in class and for in-demand learning
- Virtual microscopy software administration and support
- Image database administration and support