- PhD, Preventive Veterinary Medicine/Epidemiology, Sanitation and Prophylaxis. Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil, with a part-time appointment at Iowa State University, Ames, USA. 2018
- Master (MS) in Veterinary Sciences, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, Cuiabá, Brazil. 2014
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, Cuiabá, Brazil. 2009
- VDPAM 528 – PRINCIPLES OF EPIDEMIOLOGY
- VDPAM 529 - EPIDEMIOLOGICAL METHODS IN POPULATION RESEARCH
Applied disease epidemiology in swine production, biosecurity and disease risk assessments.
- Best oral presentation at the National Congress of Veterinary Epidemiology, Porto Alegre, Brazil. 2018
- CNPq Ph.D. Fellowship, UFRGS, Brazil. 2014
- CNPq Master Fellowship, UFMT, Brazil. 2012
- FAPEMAT Fellowship, Brazil. Research project on veterinary pathology. 2008
- CNPq Fellowship, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso. Research project on swine production. 2007
- American Association of Swine Veterinarians, 2018 – To date.
Gustavo S. Silva, Katyann Graham, Victoria Novak, Derald J. Holtkamp and Daniel C. L. Linhares. An investigation of Senecavirus A outbreaks from a packing plant in the midwestern USA during the summer of 2017. 2020 JSHAP.
Gustavo Silva, Gustavo Machado, Kimberly Baker, Derald J. Holtkamp and Daniel C. L. Linhares. 2019. Machine-learning algorithms to identify key biosecurity factors and practices associated with breeding herds reporting PRRS outbreak. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 171; 104749.
Gustavo Silva, Paul Yeske, Robert B. Morrison, and Daniel C. L. Linhares. 2019. Benefit-cost analysis to estimate the payback time and the economic value of two Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae elimination methods in breeding herds. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 168; 95-102.
Gustavo Silva, Vanessa B. Leotti, Stela M. J. Castro, Antonio A. R. Medeiros, Ana P. S. P. Silva, Daniel C. L. Linhares and Luis. G. Corbellini. 2019. Assessment of biosecurity practices and development of a scoring system in swine farms using item response theory. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 167; 128-136.
Ana Paula Serafini Poeta Silva, Eduardo de Freitas Costa, Gustavo Sousa e Silva, Carine Kunzler Souza, Rejane Schaefer, Itabajara da Silva Vaz Jr, Luís Gustavo Corbellini. 2019. Biosecurity practices associated with influenza A virus seroprevalence in sows from southern Brazilian breeding herds. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 166; 1-7.
Gustavo S. Silva, Luis G. Corbellini, Daniel L. C. Linhares, Kimberlee L. Baker, and Derald J. Holtkamp. 2018. Development and validation of a scoring system to assess the relative vulnerability of swine breeding herds to the introduction of PRRS virus.Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 160 - 116–122.
da Silva, M.S., Silveira, S., Caron, V.S., Mósena, A.C.S., Weber, M.N., Cibulski, S.P., Medeiros, A.A.R.,Silva, G.S., Corbellini, L.G., Klein, R., Kreutz, L.C., Frandoloso, R., Canal, C.W., 2018. Backyard pigs are a reservoir of zoonotic hepatitis E virus in southern Brazil. Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 1–8.
Silva, G.S., Schwartz, M., Morrison, R.B., Linhares, D.C.L., 2017. Monitoring breeding herd production data to detect PRRSV outbreaks. Prev. Vet. Med. 148, 89–93.
Martinez, B.A.F., Leotti, V.B., Silva, G. de S. e, Nunes, L.N., Machado, G., Corbellini, L.G., 2017. Odds Ratio or Prevalence Ratio? An Overview of Reported Statistical Methods and Appropriateness of Interpretations in Cross-sectional Studies with Dichotomous Outcomes in Veterinary Medicine. Front. Vet. Sci. 4, 1–8.
SANTOS DVD, SILVA GS, WEBER EJ, HASENACK H, GROFF FHS, et al. 2017. Identification of foot and mouth disease risk areas using a multi-criteria analysis approach. PLOS ONE 12(5): e0178464.