Drs. Ravindra Singh and Natalia Singh – U.S. Patent No. 9,856,474 entitled, “Deep Intronic Target For Splicing Correction on Spinal Muscular Atrophy Gene,” issued on January 2, 2018.
Dr. Pat Halbur – U.S. Patent No. 9,889,187 entitled, “Chimeric Infectious DNA Clones, Chimeric Porcine Circoviruses and Uses Thereof,” jointly owned with Virginia Tech, issued on February 13, 2018.
Drs. Bailey Arruda, Drew Magstadt, and Kent Schwartz – U.S. Patent No. 9,920,302 entitled, “Pestivirus Vaccines for Congenital Tremors,” jointly owned with Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica GmbH, issued on March 20, 2018.
Dr. Anumantha Kanthasamy – U.S. Patent No. 9,956,233 entitled, “Neuroprotection By Mitochondria-targeted Metformin,” jointly owned with the Medical College of Wisconsin, issued on May 1, 2018.
Drs. Paul Plummer, Adam Krull, Jan Shearer, and Patrick Gorden - U.S. Patent No. 10,022,458 entitled, “Animal Model Protocol, Diagnostic, Therapeutic and Vaccine Against Digital Dermatitis,” issued on July 17, 2018.
Iowa State University Research Foundation’s Top Income Producers FY 17
Inventions from five Vet Med inventors are listed by ISURF as the top income producers, with each invention bringing in more than $1,000,000. This list includes:
- Dr. Kyoungjin J. Yoon – Canine Influenza Virus (no. 10)
- Drs. William Switzer and Daniel Farrington – Strain 55 Vaccine (no. 11)
- Dr. Theodore Kramer – Bacterial Attenuation Method/SC-54 (no. 13)
- Dr. Pat Halbur – Infectious DNA Clones (Porcine Circovirus) (no. 14)
- Drs. William Switzer and Daniel Farrington – Atrophic Rhinitis Vaccine (no. 16)