Hello CVM Faculty and Staff,
I’m emailing to share the great news that Student Counseling Services is now providing video-based counseling (teletherapy) for ISU students residing in Iowa! We will continue to provide brief phone-check-ins for students located outside of Iowa.
Please continue to refer students either directly to me by encouraging them to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by having student call in to SCS at 515-294-5056 Monday-Friday 7:30-4 p.m.
You are in a key role to support a culture of wellbeing at CVM so please keep sharing with students how you value their wellbeing and keep encouraging students to seek counseling as needed.
Please take some time today to experience this training Supporting Students and Ourselves to learn more about what you can do to support students, how to practice self-care in support of others and access a list of resources.
Crisis resources for students include:
- Crisis Text Line Text “ISU” to 741741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Mobile Crisis Team 844-258-8858 (Serves 11 counties in Iowa Franklin, Hamilton, Hardin, Boone, Story, Marshall, Jasper, Poweshiek, Warren, Madison, & Greene)
- SCS Crisis Services-Call 515-294-5056 Monday-Friday during business hours
- 911 or Local Emergency Room In Ames it is Mary Greeley Medical Center 515-239-2011
Thank you for all you do for each other and our students!
Lauren Wright, MS, LMHC
Ved Med Counseling Services Coordinator